Bambi Owners Club Forum Index Bambi Owners Club
This is the forum for Owners of the Bambi Motorhome

CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

Calendar
juicer recipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCWench

BOC #: 033

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: juicer recipes Reply with quote

[b]recipe that can help insomniacs [/b]is a combination of beets and celery. The complex carbohydrates and starch in beet root can help promote sleep. Celery can be a good tonic for insomniacs because it has a calming effect on the central nervous system. Another vegetable juice recipe is a fusion of bean sprouts, lettuce, and cauliflower. These veggies are good sources of Vitamin B and lettuce have a mild sedative effect because of their natural opiate that calms the nerves and muscles. Mix these with raw honey and drink before bedtime.

For a mixture of fruits, combine an apple with an orange or half a grapefruit. The natural sugars and carbohydrates will have a tranquilizing effect and can help those who are dealing with insomnia
BCWench

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Carrot the wonder veg Reply with quote

just read up on what a gift this veg is and what it can do for you

http://www.rlcure.com/carrots.html

i suffer from restless leg syndrome and this is one i will be useing at night. i love carrots anyway and so will enjoy this medicine. just surf the web for a juice remedy and see what you can find.
for such a cheap veg it is priceless.
rosalie

BOC #: 30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Smoothie its delicious. Reply with quote

•1/4 small pineapple

•1/2 stick celery

•1 inch chunk of cucumber

•1 small handful of spinach leaves

•1 small piece of peeled lime

•2 apples - not Granny Smiths

•1/4 ripe avocado

•Ice

Juicy Instructions
•Juice the pineapple, celery, cucumber, spinach, lime and apples. (If you have a Phillips whole-fruit juicer, put in one apple, place the other ingredients on top and then finish up with the other apple).

•Place the ripe avocado flesh in the blender / smoothie maker along with the ice and juice mixture.

•Give a good whiz for 45 seconds (or until smooth).

•Pour into glass - enjoy!

Instead of of 1 meal a day it has all the vits etc that you need in that glass.
It has not upset my tummmy this time, so glad I stopped juicing for a while.

Will have a look at the other recipes now. This one is from one of Jason's book
BCWench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: clear juice Reply with quote

i have found out quite by accident that i can get perfectly clear juice inside two minute. HOW? simply add tonic water instead of water to dilute the pure fruit juice. I suffer from night cramps and also spasms in the back muscles that are very painfull. i had made some juice late att night and so decided to combine my nighty drink of lemon and tonic water ( it contains quinnine) with the juice and was surprised to see that the action of the bubbles forced all the mess to the top of the juice leaveing a nice clear liquid.
i don't mind the colour of the fruits but i did find that i have had very few back spasms since i have done this. so the quinine is also good for that problem.
Not got a juicer thats ok just get the tonic water. four bottles for less than £1.50 from tescoe including the lemon and lime flavoured ones bette than the cost of most medicines. annie
rosalie

BOC #: 30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told about tonic water for cramps and have been taking about a egg cup size every night before I go to sleep, I have it bad in my legs from foot right up to the top of my leg, so so painful and the next day.

I have picked up the wrong tonic once or twice, the one I have is without salt.

Much less cramp since taking it, in fact just feel something faintly and then it goes away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> COOKERY All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: