Bambi Owners Club Forum Index Bambi Owners Club
This is the forum for Owners of the Bambi Motorhome

CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

Calendar
the not so humble cauliflower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe

BOC #: 26

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: the not so humble cauliflower Reply with quote

We are only to aware of the cauliflower done with a cheese sauce but how about thinking outside the box.
Ok before you jump on me yes I know this is not the recipe slot but most folk never bother looking down the list to find it so I am popping it in here.
If you are lucky enough to live near Chaddesley Corbett near Kidderminster then you may know about the famous Chaddesley cauli
They grow them BIG down here and a head with a 18 in diameter is not rare and when you check the price of two for a pound then guess what we poor pensioners live on.( it gets a bit windy down here to)
Ok lets shock you again. You do not have to be a veggy to enjoy this veg as you can do so very much with it, Have you ever roasted it? yep that's what I said roasted cauliflower. This is done with cardamom and turmeric check out the web for this one and many more recipe's. How about doing them frittered as a starter with a Thai sweet and spicy sauce dip. For those on a diet then I can highly recommend substituting cauliflower florets instead of rice with that curry.
Cauliflower soup served with parmesan flakes and crusty bread,
use in place of potatoes and just for fun to get the children to eat it add some food colouring to some olive oil and vinegar With Halloween in mind do it pink and call it dragon brains.
Not got time to mess about but want to just add a flavor to this veg then simply toss in oil and vinegar. My children would eat it like this no problem and I do the same with cabbage. Try it you just may enjoy it .
Do you have a favorite cauliflower recipe you wouldn't mind sharing with me.
Google, cauliflower recipe's to see just how much more you can do to add flavor to this veg below are a few to start you off

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2014/10/new-cauliflower-recipes-fall-fest/

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/37631/chilli+cauliflower+fritters+with+blue+cheese+dressing

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/tag-3217/cauliflower-soup-recipes.aspx
I hope you enjoy trying out these new ideas and will come back with a comment on what you think of them.
rosalie

BOC #: 30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a quick look, might try the roasted cauliflower, but not keen on other things added as most I don't like, David can make his own if he wants, but does hate cauliflower.

Have plans to make soup with one and not tell him.

Recently have made soup with a glut of runner beans with just a carrot and an onion in my soupmaker, prepared and cooked in 20 minutes, can also freeze it, I like easy quick and simple things.

I always go down the list everytime I come on the website.
You never know what you might miss.
rosalie

BOC #: 30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No don't delete cookery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> COOKERY All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: