CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

bambi north/mids 2018
Event starting Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 pm for 4 days
Forum:  Bambi Holidays » Bambi Owners Club Calendar

Author: joe
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm
Replies: 0
Views: 648
OCTOBER 17TH TO 20TH BROWNLOW ARMS, NEWARK-ON-TRENT.
P/Code 23 6SG
Calendar
Fort William Rally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> RALLY REPORTS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCWench

BOC #: 033

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Fort William Rally Reply with quote

Many thanks to June and Brian for another fantastic rally. Even the weather was kind for th first two days and Ben Nevis stripped off his hat and coat to expose his body to the wonderful sunshine. nine vans in total and in and parked in almost a circle like a tribe of Indians.
Thursday was the day we went into Fort William on the bus to have a look at what was on offer. June making sure we all knew where to get back on the bus to get back to camp and even pointing out where the toilets were for us.
Fort William has a long high street that is full of highland camping and mountain climbing gear, gift shops . Charity shops and cafes. A Tesco and a Morrisons almost completes the picture . I was looking for a long light weight skirt and saw one in a charity shop. But when I checked the price I almost died. 23.00 for a second hand skirt.. No way.
Our American supper on Friday was a great hit with far too much food and every one tucked in. I had taken a bottle of home made Sloe Gin and a bottle of Sloe Vodka up with me and I found some small plastic shot glasses in the pound shop so everyone who wanted could have a drink.
Saturday arrived a bit overcast with a few spots of rain but warm and when well soaked in anti midge stuff a few brave souls sat outside for a chat. Tonight some of us are going out for a meal before heading off tomorrow.
I had to do running repairs to my Bambi as the near side locker door fell off on the motorway when I hit a deep pot hole, no way could I stop to get it so yesterday I found a nice big cardboard box and cut it to size and wrapped it in white plastic bags and with a roll of duk tape I managed to cover the hole over and so protect the main battery from the elements. Not a pretty sirte but better than nothing.
I move on tomorrow to John O Groats well rested haveing enjoyed another superbe Scotish rally with warm friendly people
Thank you all for making my stay in your wonderful country so enjoyable.
just one more thing for you to have a laugh about. While traveling through Glen Coe I. Spotted a long trail of traffic going up the hill on the opposite side . But had to look twic e at what was holding them all up.
It was a woman on a three wheel disability scooter totally obliviousness to what was behind her traveling up the hill at the most three miles an hour. What she did when her batteries run out I have no idea but I bet she would have a hell of a ride back down to the bottom if she pulled the battery plug out.

Sent from my iPad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> RALLY REPORTS All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: