Bambi Owners Club Forum Index Bambi Owners Club
This is the forum for Owners of the Bambi Motorhome

CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

Calendar
Juicers,how many use them
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Juicers,how many use them Reply with quote

BCWench

BOC #: 494
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:47 pm Post subject: Juicers, how many use them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At almost 65 i feel so much older and have aches and pains, i feel bloated and lethargic and often do not want to eat but do so because hubby needs to be fed.
Last year at a rally in Stourport i met Marianne and she told me about her juicer and how she loves it and the changes it has made to her health and life
I had a juicer a long time ago but it was so much trouble cleaning it that i gave up. I have just ordered a Philips Juicer HR1861 off Amazon as that was the cheapest place for it and now await its delivery on wednesday.
I was wondering just how many of the Bambie owners have one and use it on a regular basis.
what is your favourite drink and what results have you had healthwise,
I look forward to reading your replies.
Many thanks Marianne for all the help you have given me. and i sure will let you know how i get on. i will be doing the de-tox first and hubby has said he wil have a go too.
annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We bought a very expensive 'Jack Lalanne' juicer a few years ago. It is a fantastic machine but like so many kitchen gadgets unless they are on the worktop they don't get used. Sadly ours has been sitting on a shelf covered with a bag for about four years.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:11 am Post subject:

I did buy one from Tesco a few years back for 20 which I thought was good value, but for every minute I spent using it, it seemed to need 10 minutes to clean it.

Threw it out in the end....
1987 Bambi "Daisy"
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minky58

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm Post subject:

We bought a very expensive 'Jack Lalanne' juicer a few years ago. It is a fantastic machine but like so many kitchen gadgets unless they are on the worktop they don't get used. Sadly ours has been sitting on a shelf covered with a bag for about four years.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am Post subject:

this was the problem with th older type but now they are much easier to clean and i agree it has to be kept on the work surface or where you can see and use it.
It will go by the side of my rice cooker that is used every week to bulk cook the rice for both ourselves and the dogs
I desperatly need to do something as i am now covered in an itchy rash from the latest drug they have given me to try.will have to see doc today to get another drug to counter effect this one. this just cannot go on as it is, take care and hope we can all meet up this year.
annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosalie

BOC #: 61
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 pm Post subject:

I bought one from the shopping chanel some time ago, I found it expensive to use as regards the food, things I never used to buy normally, so

sent it back it did cost me a lot to buy as well and quite big. Also bought a book of various recipes and what they do for health.

Some times I wish I had kept it.

I have been on a medication for 5 years and it looks like its causing me to itch like mad on my back so have another medication, although the

other one I was taking may also have caused the itching, if it does not stop after a month I will go back, at least it does not itch all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm Post subject:

this is exactly why i am getting a juicer to get rid of the toxins in my body.
Doc have given me so many anti biotics in the last year for no reason at all as i was told on monday that all the cultures taken have come back negative. My body has finally said enough, and i am still covered in this darn itchy rash. will be going shopping tomorrow for all the veg and fruit i will need. this seems to be the only way of clearing the system.
I purchased one from amazon the phillips one and it should have arrived today but not so it will be here tomorrow. Amazon was the cheapest place at 72.00.
lets get back to nature and get rid of the drugs and see how i feel then.
Annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minky58

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject:

Please don't be fooled by claims that products can rid you of toxins. The body does not produce toxins.......yes it produces waste matter but this is naturally dealt with by various organs within the body. Anyone can improve their health and wellbeing by eating a healthy diet, drinking water and reduce the amount of chemicals (cigarettes, alcohol and fatty foods) we put in to our bodies. Juicers are great because what they produce is all natural with no chemicals or additives and it is an easier way of getting fruit and veg into your body.
The only way to detoxify your body is to stop putting junk in it.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:30 pm Post subject: healthy diet

I only have one cup of coffee a day and not every day i have three cups of tea per day and no alchohol, I don't smoke or have a pile of fatty foods i have chips once in a blue moon and the next one is not untill 31st of August this year. i eat plenty of veg in stirfries and use carotina oil with is high in Vits A ,E and many other good things. I also prefer fruit over sweet things so cakes, chocolate and such are not eaten in a large amount. perhaps on e biscuit or piece of fruti pie one a month,I just feel that the boost of vitamins and minerals i will get from raw juiced veg will be a good start to build up my body immunitly and help it to get back in balance again after all those darn drugs. But thank you for your advice.
annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minky58

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm Post subject:

i absolutely agree. there is nothing quite like fresh fruit and veg for boosting your immune system and as i said making juice is so much a nicer way of getting your vitamins especially if you grow your own.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marianne Holt

BOC #: 175
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm Post subject:

Reading this thread after celebrating Bambi passing MOT for another year, I feel as I have to put my word in about the juicer I bought last year May the first and have used it daily ever since.
Let me first tell you that I had been suffering dread full pains of arthritis which had set in after the death of my husband and as my GP said this sometimes can happen after a shock to your system. First with painkillers and later alternative herbal medication did not do very much for me. In my younger days I was a ballet dancer which had left many joints damaged over the 30 years I was in the profession of dancing.
The latter years my footsoles were getting so painful as though I was walking without the padding under the foot and only could get walking on thick padded trainers.

Now after 9 months of juicing, and I do make it daily pains have gone , ashtma almost disappeared, and I am back in normal shoes again.
In case any body is interested in what I juice?
every day: 2 apples -1 orange -half a lemon- a handful of spinach -2 slices an inch thick of cucumber- a stick of celery -an inch thick slice of fresh pineapple- a slice of fresh ginger- stem of broccoli- one parsnip- 2 carrots.
sometimes tomato will be added but this are my main ingredients.
I have a light lunch and small dinner.
I do feel most of the time on top of the world now and have had no cold all these 9 months.
No one can advice me different, I have proved it and most of all felt the benefits.
Back in May I did do a detox for 5 days which was hard but I lost over an stone which over the Christmas period has come back on of course.
Taking my age in account I do not want to be a very slim figure now, as your skin does not go back, and I am not good at ironing out.(joke)
My juicer sits next to my sink on the side, and juicing and cleaning takes me just under 15 minutes in the morning, well worth it. my GP was surprised for not needing any painkillers no more as only blood pressure tabs but with the right juices even that is now lowering.One thing I used all summer too is fresh beetroot, which reduce hardening and blockage of the arteries, something which runs in our family. This time of the year I can not get the fresh ones though as only cooked ones which is no good as all the goodness is cooked out of them. Carrots not just for good skin and eyes but also a good liver cleanser. Pineapple every day helps de-solve mucus so is good for hay fever and asthma. Cucumber and Parsnip are the ones to reduce blood pressure and Ginger is your build in anti biotic.
As you see I get more than my five a day and feel brilliant with it.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minky58

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:57 am Post subject:

Me thinks i am going to have to bring my juicer back to life. Love the recipe.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:49 am Post subject:

Well i started my detox this morning with the slice of lemon in hot water followed by half a pint of juiced fruit and veg,
I would have had more than half a pint but hubby asked if he could try a little after finding out the results of a drink of carrot juice and lemon yesterday. weell he had a small glass of the juice and then said "OH THATS NICE ( I think he has been watching too much Mrs Browns boys)
I could tast the lemon and celery but none of the others, "
he had the remains that were in the jug after i had poured out my drinkm as he has a great aversion to fruit and veg and i hae to get it into him with stirfries then this is a good break through even if he only has one glass a day its something more than he would normally have.
OH yes cleaning up after is a doddle it took me less than three minutes to wash the sections out and place on the draining board
the waste will go onto the compost heap so nothing is lost.
I will see if i can get my daughter one for her birthday in August, but it will be an early gift. thank you all for the help given and to Marion who has spoken with me over the phone and explained things.
annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosalie

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:53 am Post subject:

Which juicer do you have Marianne?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am Post subject:

both Marion and i have the same machine as she recomended it to me it is the Phillips1861 the best price is from Amazon and with delivery next working day total cost of 71.99p.if ordered on a morning but certainly by the day after. so no driving to get it
the fruit and veg for the three day detox came to 30.00 but there is enough for several days after that with a simple top up of things you are running short of.
It comes with a good book and you can get more info simply by putting "Jason Vale the juicemaster " into google search.
i started it on the friday so i can rest up and sleep if i am tired over the weekend.
I am a great beliver in word of mouth recomendations.
Ok the initial outlay is expencive but how much is life worth and if i can get mine back then it will be worth every penny.
keep us informed on what you decide and good luck . annie the BCWench
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 am Post subject:

Marion re- raw beetroot look in tescoes on the organic shelf . more expencive but we will get some in the garden in the summer and a pack goes a long way as there are four in a pack .annie
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosalie

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:25 am Post subject:

I wondered if that was the one you mentioned Marianne had, have just been looking on ebay, its not new but 30.00 and not far from me, I have found 3 now fairly local, so will keep an eye on them, One of them bought before Christmas this year.
I had a book before will invest in another if need be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCWench

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am Post subject: what to do with the pulp

It seems such a shame to not use the high fibre from the veg and fruit so i took a look on he web and found this site
http://www.happyjuicer.com/juicing-information/juicer-pulp-uses.aspx
I know that if you use the carrots to make a drink then save the pulp you can add this to a veg soup. throw in a handfull of chopped corriander to the mix and you have a high class meal serve with garlic bread.
just think of all those tomatoes in the summer the glut we get and how many get wasted.
use the juicer to make a chilled tomatoe soup sprinkle with chopped basell leaves and serve in glasses
If you suffer from constipation then i can guarantee this will work
take six large carrots and one lemon put it through the juicer and then drink it .
do not leave home for the next few hours, Do not ask me how i found this out yesterday but at least i now know i have not got an impacted bowl
annie
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosalie

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am Post subject:

I have just put Marianne's recipe on my Rescue forum, as lots of ladies in need, have some health problems as all rescue ladies seem to cope with even though they do everything to help the dogs, fostering or transporting and raising funds make things to raise money as the rescue gets no help from outside.

I will add any websites or books that might help as well that are recommended.

We have a cookery subject post on our website as well, the lady who started it used to be a cook in schools I think, others offer there recipe's although its been a bit quiet of late.
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marianne Holt

BOC #: 175
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 am Post subject:

Thanks for all your reactions,
Annie ,
I bougt 4 packs of organic beetroots as they were on the shelf as having to sell the last ones very cheap, back in December they lasted me a while as I kept them in the coldest place in my fridge. i have always bought these at tesco but asking the manager last week why he has not got any on the shelfs no more he said it is the time of year, and he only now sells cooked ones also in packs of 4, which too me is no good as the goodness we try to safe in juicing the stuff has then all ready been cooked away, they are also peeled and as many of you know most of the goodness is in-or direct under the skin.
Rosalie,
I hope you do get that latest Philips juicer as it is that juicer which has made cleaning and collecting the pulp much easier to expose of, and it is one of the first juicer's which can be put in a dishwasher if you got one. I have not, and found the cleaning straight after no problem, as I said earlier. i sometimes look forward to the daily ritual in my kitchen .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> COOKERY All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: