Bambi Owners Club Forum Index Bambi Owners Club
This is the forum for Owners of the Bambi Motorhome

CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

Calendar
WEB SITES FOUND OF INTEREST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> YOUR COMPUTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: WEB SITES FOUND OF INTEREST Reply with quote

I do not usually recommend web sites
But I feel that these may be of some use to a few of you and hope may be of some
benefit.
First of all I was getting fed-up with the way Microsoft Internet Explorer was acting
and found It was constantly Hung (getting stuck) or getting very slow to load.
I thought I would give some other search engines a try.
I have now been on Opera now for a couple of months and found it has not caused me
any trouble. It was easy to download but took a while to get used to the new layout.
It has proved to be much faster to use and up to now I intend to carry on using it.

The next thing which I was finding very expensive was the purchase of Printing Inks
for my Epson Stylus DX4850.
I have been buying the inks from a local shop Cartridge World. Every time I went there
to get some inks the price had rocketed !! Now 6.12 each ( have four of these in my printer!!
I spotted an add in a magazine I buy from time to time named Computer Active and contacted
them on the web to see if they did my inks. Surprise Surprise they did !! not only do they
supply them they were much cheaper and post free!!
Cost 1.15 each!!
I ordered them straight away and they arrived the next morning and they work fine.
It looks like they do inks for most printers!
Web site is ... www.choicestationery.co.uk Based in Taunton .

Another site I have found and enjoy (but time wasting) is www.myrealgames.com.
Very easy and FREE to download!

Anyway I hope these will be of help to some of you.
Comments will be appreciated.

Ted.
rosalie

BOC #: 30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used compatable inks in the past and they have been awful with the colours for photo's or my printer does not work properly either as it does not recognise them.

If they did HP genuine cartridges I will have a look for HP 350 and 351 only need 2 for mine, Dave recently paid around 30 in Sainsburys + nectar points.

Before that they were compatable ones again from the internet and did not last long.

I used to buy Computer Active every week, got a bit expensive so I also just buy the occasional one, think its the best magazine and fairly easy to use..
rosalie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24.88 for the 2 genuine ones and looks like free delivery. Not bad if no postage.

Will try and remember next time, although did need them urgently last time. Very Happy
rosalie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did once before use a Tesco cartridge for a different printer, there is not a store in this town anyway.

I can't remember what it was like. As I said before compatables seems to mess up the wireless workings or just will not print, for us its not worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> YOUR COMPUTER All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: