Bambi Owners Club Forum Index Bambi Owners Club
This is the forum for Owners of the Bambi Motorhome

CalendarCalendar    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 

Calendar
strawberry time again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCWench

BOC #: 033

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: strawberry time again Reply with quote

so lets use them and enjoy the season
this is a recipe i came across just this morning and is a quick and easy way to impress friends and relations. If like me you just cannot do pastry then try my trick and buy the pastry cases ready made.
this recipe calls for just that. (I use greens eggcustard mix for fast egg custard tartlets.)
for this recipe you will lneed a few items so here we go.
150 ML of creamy whipped soft cheese.
50g of icing sugar
a 250 Ml tub of double cream
1 tsp of vanilla exrtact
zeat and juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tbl spn of strawberry jam
a pack of ready made pastry cases and finally 250g of strawberries.
put teh whipped soft cheese into a bolw and mix in the iceing sugar, graadually stir in the cream to make a smooth mixture and then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest.
divide this mixture between the tartlets and smooth over the top to make it level
hull the strawberries and cut into halves or quarters according to size and arrange on the tartlets.
Finally warm the strawberry jam with 1 tblspn of water over a gentle heat and brush over the tartlets to glaze the fruit, allow to cool and then find a quiet place to eat them all yourself and blame next doors dog.
Tonight Stan and i are having rum and honey glazed pineapple grilled to brown and served hot with icecream.3 table spoons of runny honey three table spoons of rum mixed cut pinapple into sections lengthwise and remove the core place the segments into a dash and spoon over the marinade. cover and leave to marinate for at least one hour,
Hide from hubby. grill or BBQ spooning the marinade over the fruit to stop it drying out let it caramelise and then serve with cream or icecream. I have to find ways to get fresh fruit into him. by the time he has eaten his share he is allmost drunk on the fumes themselves.
enjoy eating well. annie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bambi Owners Club Forum Index -> COOKERY All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: